Guidelines for Submissions:
We are a tri-monthly E-Zine and will be accepting submissions only during reading periods. The reading periods are as follows:
- Sept 1 – Nov. 21
- Dec 1 – Feb. 21
- March 1 — May 21
- June 1 – August 21
Deadlines for reading periods are: Nov. 1, Feb. 1, May 1, and Aug. 1.
- Submissions must be attached to an email with brief bio. included in the body of the email. One submission at a time.
- The subject header of your email should read SUBMISSION- [genre]-[your last name]. If you use any other subject header you risk your submission being lost.
- 5 in. spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman with 1 in. margins.
- All submissions should have a header that states your name, email address, and word count.
- Include a brief bio (in 3rd person), and note if this will be your first publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please notify us immediately if the piece is accepted elsewhere.
- We do not consider translations.
- We anticipate a six to eight week response time. If you have not heard from us after three months, please send an email and include STATUS as the subject of the email.
- We prefer literary fiction 2,000 – 6,000 wds. (We are not opposed to genre fiction as long as it encompasses elements of literary fiction.)
- Open to memoir, literary non-fiction, and the like. 2,000 – 4,000 wds.
- Make it bizarre. 500 – 800 wds.
- Limit submissions to 3 – 5 prose pieces.
- Bizarre, weird, abstract, and short prose are accepted.
- Prose at 500 wds.
- No more than 2 pages per piece.
What we are NOT looking for and will NOT publish:——-Sex scenes. Shooting, hacking, and too much blood and gore. Vampires. Violence towards women, children, or animals. Anything that denigrates a specific race, gender, or disability. Anything focused on perversions.
anything goes– keep it at 600×600 web or less.
First serial rights.